Monday, June 21, 2010

The June 19 Harbor-to-Harbor Walk

Great pictures, Roberta. And even greater commentary. I did not notice the "LIVE" sign when we passed it. Trust Roberta and her ready camera to capture it. And, as you said, it is yet another reminder of why we do this. Yes it was hot. Yes our feet were tired and sore when we were done (although no one whined - because we all know that whining causes blisters). But I remember thinking last year during Day 3 in Chicago, when it was 97 degrees and humid, with no shade and not a breath of a breeze, that every woman undergoing chemo would have given anything to be there with us instead. What we do is a powerful re-affirmation of life. We raise money and we raise consciousness. And doing all these training walks with you makes it that much more wonderful. I'm going to post a City walk for July 10. I hope a bunch of you can join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment