Sunday, July 18, 2010

Walkin' on Sunshine ... and in a lotta heat!

Here we are ... the beginning of our walk.  I really thought these were live birds.  Duhr!
Rose told me that she felt fine ... and LOVED the heat.  I'm not sure I believed you, Rose!
I've seen this spot before!  What a great looking group of walkers!
Liz ...
Jodie ...
Kaitlin ...
Ashley ...
Cynthia and ... her husband ... (we were introduced as "and this is my husband!) ...
Rose ...

and our fearless leader BURT!
(I usually take these pictures during lunch ... I think I had a feeling my lunch wasn't going to be at Adrienne's!)
Here's what y'all looked like to Rose and me! (Har!)
And this ...
...is  just about where I decided I was walking cross town.  (Thanks for joining me Rose!)

We finally reached 5th Avenue and it looked GREAT!
We also saw this ...

Rose really wanted to go in ... but I said "No, no, Rose ... we have to get to ...
... LINDY'S for lunch!
...
Rose and I last looked at the GPS at 11.8 ... we figured we did at least 12 miles walking to our trains.  You are HERO's for doing the walk back ... and reaching 19 miles!  PROUD OF US ALL!  It was a beautiful but HOT day!
Thank you Burt for getting us out there and training for our walks!
GOOD LUCK CHICAGO WALKERS!
See y'all when you get back.
Roberta

No comments:

Post a Comment