Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sandy takes a few of Burt's Babes to the New York Botanical Garden

Are we "Burt's Babes" or are we "Sandy's Sistahs"?
Four walkers met at the Botanical Gardens Saturday for a training "stroll".
The day was overcast and cool (which, to me, was great after a killer heat wave last week!)
It was perfect weather for enjoying a beautiful New York spot.
Red Riding Hood (aka Lesley) ...
Shannon ...
Fearless leader, Sandy ...
and Roberta (who approved this picture, thank you Shannon!)
were the walkers.
I have to say, my three training buddies were very patient with me.
You will not be surprised to hear that I took 70 pictures.  I couldn't help it.  It was gorgeous!
The pictures above were taken in the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden.
Unfortunately, the "Eyes" sculpture that we all love so much was not installed in the Garden ...
however ...
we did enjoy these sculptures:
 Sandy has a better picture of the sculptures (my picture has Shannon ... making it much more interesting!)  Sandy might be able to tell you what the sculpture is as she was reading about it in the background.
We walked through forests and past waterfalls ... we walked through rock gardens and past planting gardens.  We ended at the conservatory just taking it all in.
It was a great day.
Shannon, Lesley (my tent mate in Atlanta!!!) Sandy, and Roberta
I look forward to seeing y'all soon!
Roberta--Atlanta 2011
(www.j2sf.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment